Name:
Location: Weaverville, North Carolina, United States

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Taxol is Nasty

I'm sure there are chemo drugs with worse side-effects, but this is the worst I've had so far. I was warned about flu-like symptoms, nerve changes, and nausea & vomiting (among other things) and they were right on all accounts. My lower legs felt like I had just completed 10 Grand Canyon hikes. My hands ached too. I had chills and sweats. About all I could do was pop pain killers and try to sleep. I threw up one night. And I've got a terrible taste in my mouth that just won't go away. The worst symptoms were Sunday & Monday. I felt a little better yesterday and feel tolerable this morning so far. Since my next treatment is scheduled for 22-Dec, I guess Christmas won't be much fun for me this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home