Name:
Location: Weaverville, North Carolina, United States

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Long, busy day. Spent much of it at Cancer Care. First I got a CT scan, then some routine blood work, then we met with Dr. Chay. We reviewed my new CT scan, comparing it side-by-side with the original taken back on June 16. My cancer is responding well to the treatments. The lumps in my lungs are either gone or much smaller, and my prostate is much smaller now, maybe the size of a baseball, and the organs around it can be discerned now. However my prognosis is about the same. I should start feeling pretty good a few months after I finish chemo, around the first of next year, and should continue that way for 6 months to a year. Then, short of a miracle, well, we'll see... I started my third round of chemo today, which went fine. Two more days this week followed by a nauseous weekend. This evening I took Allison to see a baseball game, about my last chance to do so before she goes away to college. My employer had reserved a block of seats for the game and I got to see a number of friends from work. Unfortunately, rain canceled the game before it even started. Guess my camping weather curse works for ball games too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home