Name:
Location: Weaverville, North Carolina, United States

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Recovering from Chemo

It took about a week to recover from that last round of chemo. I still don't feel 100%, but I suppose I never will again. It's funny, but despite having lived with this for over six months now, I still find myself in denial. A day doesn't go by that I don't think about cancer, but sometimes I just can't believe this is happening to me. Oh, and here's a note to all my coworkers or anyone who has health insurance through work. I was reviewing expenses a few days ago and discovered that the Neulasta shots, which I get about a week after chemo to stimulate white blood cell production, cost $3000 each. No, I didn't forget the decimal. That's three thousand dollars. And I've had several of them. And insurance has paid in full every time. So think twice next time you feel like complaining about your health insurance or the part of the premiums that you have to pay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home