Name:
Location: Weaverville, North Carolina, United States

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Chemo Not Working

I've been feeling a lot worse lately. I feel about like I did last August with lots of pelvic, low back, and abdominal pain. I had a CT scan Thursday and met with the doctor yesterday to discuss it. It confirmed my fears. My lungs are "stable," i.e. one lump is larger, one is smaller, and the rest are about the same. But my prostate tumor appears larger and more "undefined." I was scheduled for chemo, but we decided to postpone. Cancer Care got me an appointment with my urologist to discuss options, of which there are few: another Foley catheter, a "super-pubic catheter" (this goes directly to the bladder, bypassing the prostate), or surgery. He checked a urine sample and tested me for retention which showed that I'm retaining very little urine. We decided to take a wait-and-see approach for now. Meanwhile I meet with my Cancer Care doctor again on Monday and we'll probably decide to continue chemo, possibly with a different drug.

In other news... Donna's mom is back home in New Jersey and Allison is back to college, full of enthusiasm about the new semester. Now things can get back to normal around here, or whatever passes for "normal" these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home