Name:
Location: Weaverville, North Carolina, United States

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Chemo series 2, round 3


Since I was discharged from the hospital on Wednesday, I have spent the bulk of my time at home sleeping. I have no energy whatsoever. That may be a good thing - it forces me to rest and removes any temptation to overdo it puttering in my workshop. I sure am happy to be home.

By Friday morning, there were no further signs of blood in my urine, so I was supposed to remove my catheter myself. I wasn't looking forward to doing that myself, but I was anxious to get rid of the thing. In the end, it went well, with not too much pain. I had some control problems afterward, but I feel I'm getting back to normal now.

Friday I was back at Cancer Care for my next round of chemo. My blood counts were fine so we proceeded, with the lower dose as discussed in a previous post. There's not much more to report since I don't do anything.

Here's a picture of me at the hospital last week, enjoying the view from the 10th floor visiting room which was right next to my room. Notice all the tubes connecting me to my "dance partner."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home