Name:
Location: Weaverville, North Carolina, United States

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Discharged!

Hi folks. It's me again, home from the hospital. They discharged me around 10:30 this morning. That gave me time to get a shower, eat some breakfast, trade my bed bag for a leg bag (for the catheter), and get my last IV removed before Donna got there to take me home.

I had only a fair night. I had more problems with my catheter clogging, but finally it passed a big long clot that seems to have been the source of my recent problems. At least I haven't had any more trouble since. They gave me a sleeping pill and I managed to get some sleep. My biggest problem was anxiety, fearing something would go wrong that would prevent me from coming home today.

I've done a lot of sleeping since I got home, catching up on lost rest, I guess. I continue to battle the pain and I'm looking forward to getting rid of this catheter.

Click here for more details about my Vena Cava Filter and the procedure I went through yesterday. Click here for a picture of a filter.

I mentioned in my Jan 15 post that I'm experimenting with faith and religion. In the hospital I had plenty of time to ponder and experiment. I prayed for recovery and I got it. It's difficult for me to declare this a miracle, and the old me would have just chalked it up as coincidence. But I have no other explanation for how my problem was cured. The doctors didn't even know what the cause was, not without some invasive procedure, and even if they knew they warned that they might not be able to do anything to fix it. Then, "miraculously," the problem went away, overnight. And it just happened to be the night that I got a blessing from members of Donna's church. Believe what you want, but personally I'm giving the credit to God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home